- New product
Mediterranean pine nuts
Buy online Mediterranean pine nuts with no preservatives.
Our Mediterranean pine nuts are grown under the sun of Portugal, Spain or Turkey, where the warm weather and abundant sunlight make for perfect growing conditions for mediterranean pine nuts.
With their unmistakable elongated shape and ivory colour, mediterranean pine nuts are perfect to add to any recipe.
You can buy Mediterranean pine nuts in packs of 500 g, ideal for true nut lovers.
Discover the nutritional values of natural mediterranean pine nuts. Our analyses have shown that 100 g of raw Mediterranean pine nuts contain:
- 816 mg of Phosphorus, equivalent to 117% of NRV (Nutrient Reference Value);
- 11 mg of Zinc, equivalent to 110% of NRV;
- 380 mg of Magnesium, pari al 101% of NRV.
Ingredients: pine nuts. May contain traces of PEANUTS and other NUTS.
Weight: 500 g
Origin: Portugal, Spain, Turkey
Previous price within the past 30 days:
Mediterranean pine nuts
- Pine nuts origin Portugal, Spain, Turkey
- Raw Mediterranean pine nuts, no preservatives
- Slender kernel, ivory-colored
|Ingredients||pine nuts. May contain traces of PEANUTS and other NUTS.|
|Storage requirements||Store in a cool, dry place|
|Nutrition declaration||average nutritional values per 100 g:|
|Energy||2404 kJ / 579 kcal|
|of which saturates||4.9 g|
|of which sugars||1.9 g|
|Phosphor||816 mg (117% NRV*)|
|Zinc||11 mg (110% NRV*)|
|Magnesium||380 mg (101% NRV*)|
|Source||Euro Company analysis|
|Origin||Portugal, Spain, Turkey|
|*NRV: Nutrient Reference Value||*Nutrient Reference Value|
|Label and packaging||The images are for illustrative purposes only, the product may be subject to changes depending on stock availability and selected weight.|
Pinus pinea is the name of the European pine nuts that are native to the Mediterranean region (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Southern France, Greece, Middle East, Turkey, and Northern Africa). The slender kernels characterising this variety are longer than the Chinese.
This pine needs full sunlight - especially in the leaf area - in order to bear fruits, is not shade-loving and is quite drought-tolerant.
Pines don’t tolerate air pollution, this is the reason why high-altitudes make for their perfect environment: indeed, the majority of these trees is found at altitudes between 1.800m and 2.600m above sea level (supposedly, high altitudes affect humidity by keeping it stable, thus encouraging pine trees to grow). Pine trees start producing pine cones at about age ten.
Pine nuts are the seeds of Pinus pinea, which is the scientific name of the umbrella pine, one of the most known species of the Pinaceae family. They have been used as food in the Mediterranean region for over 2,000 years. The earliest striking evidence of their use dates back to 79 B.C. among the ruins of Pompeii, where they were regarded as an object of such nobility and authenticity that they were recognised in mythology as the fruit beloved by Bacchus. Pinus pinea – also known as stone pine, Italian stone pine or umbrella pine – is native to mediterranean coastal areas and can be found today everywhere in Europe, from Spain to Cyprus, up to the southern shore of the Black Sea.
Buy Mediterranean Pine Nuts Online
We want to nurture your love for natural pine nuts. Among many pine nuts available to buy, as nut experts we have selected mediterranean pine nuts that are grown with respect for our supply chain.
Where to buy Mediterranean Pine Nuts?
Mediterranean pine nuts are only to be found on our online nut shop and nowhere else offline. This is the only way we can provide you with quality, mediterranean pine nuts from our supply chain, available in large packs at an affordable price.
Affordable price means to us offering our clients raw mediterranean pine nuts that everybody can enjoy.
We want, on the one hand, to place the proper value on raw materials in order to obtain a quality product by offering our farmers a fair price; on the other hand, we want to fulfil your needs when it comes to pricing.
We establish fair long-term relationships with our producers to avoid race-to-the-bottom pricing and that are based on trust as part of our efforts to offer you the finest and most natural product.
Not only that: by choosing large packs of mediterranean pine nuts, you are also contributing to the reduction in the use of plastic.
How much does 1 kg of mediterranean pine nuts cost?
The price per kg for mediterranean pine nuts depends on the pine nuts' quality, variety and origin. On Nuturally, we have selected the best mediterranean pine nuts with respect for our supply chain, farmers, and raw materials.
You can store mediterranean pine nuts in dry, cool places, away from sources of heat and moisture. Here are 4 useful tips:
- The ideal condition for keeping mediterranean pine nuts is in a refrigerated environment. Nuturally mediterranean pine nuts can also be stored easily at room temperature during the winter season due to low temperatures. During summer, however, it is advisable to store the product in the refrigerator or in the coolest possible environment as increased temperatures could encourage decay.
- The ideal container for the storage of mediterranean pine nuts is glass. Indeed, because of its composition it is impervious to chemical agents and gases, and, as it has excellent insulation properties, it holds the initial temperature for longer than other materials. It is even better if the glass is coloured: using coloured glass blocks the entry of certain wavelengths of light (including ultraviolet), and thus certain nutritional and organoleptic characteristics remain unaltered.
- The type of closure of the container is also important as an airtight cap ensures that the food is protected from excessive contact with oxygen that can lead to lipid oxidation and encourage the growth of aerobic bacteria.
- The best kind of storage environment is one which is well ventilated because ventilating the premises keeps internal humidity under control, which otherwise could escape from windows, thereby guaranteeing the right balance to lessen the onset of mould.
Questions & Answers by Nut lovers
Be the first to ask a question about this product!