Organic Cashew Pieces
Buy online natural organic cashew pieces with no added salt and preservatives.
We selected natural organic cashew pieces that are ideal for your tasty recipes and for creating nut-based plant foods such as vegetable cheeses, cashew creams and much more.
Our natural chopped cashews have the organic certification and are carefully grown with respect for people and the environment.
You can buy organic cashew pieces in packs that are ideal for real nut lovers.
Discover the nutritional values of natural organic cashew pieces (with no added salt). Our analyses have shown that 100 g of natural cashews contain:
- 1.8 mg of Manganese, equivalent to 90% of NRV (Nutrient Reference Value);
- 546 mg of Phosphorus, equivalent to 78% of NRV;
- 39 µg of Selenium, equivalent to 71% of NRV;
Ingredients: CASHEWS from organic farming. May contain PEANUTS and other NUTS.
Format: 1 kg
Origin: Vietnam, Africa
Organic Cashew Pieces selected for you
- Organic cashews
- Small pieces ideal for your recipes
- With no salt, preservatives and sulphites
|Ingredients||CASHEWS from organic farming.|
|Storage requirements||Store in a cool, dry place|
|Organic||IT-BIO-009; Non-EU Agriculture;|
|Energy||2426 kJ / 585 kcal|
|of which saturates||7.7 g|
|Source||Euro Company analysis|
|Recommendations||The advice provided SHOULD IN NO WAY BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE OR PRESCRIPTION. The information provided shall be considered for informative and educational purposes only, it is not intended to replace medical advice. In case of a medical condition, always consult your doctor.|
|Nutrients||Manganese, Phosphorus, Selenium|
|Label and packaging||The images are for illustrative purposes only, the product may be subject to changes depending on stock availability and selected weight.|
In producing countries, instead of the seed, the false fruit is eaten fresh or made into jam. In Brazil, during the harvest season, a juice is extracted from the sour and refreshing fruit, which can be drunk as it is (Brazil cajuado) or as wine after fermentation. If left exposed to the air, the juice turns black and can be used as an ink.
From the cashew seed it is possible to obtain, with a yield of 45%, a valuable light yellow edible oil similar to almond oil. CNSL is extracted from the shell and has many uses due to its impermeability, resistance to heat, friction, acids and caustic substances. It is used for the production of brake linings, clutch discs, waterproof paints and plastics. The plant yields a wood prized for its insect-repellent properties and used in the manufacture of furniture, boats and crates. A rubber is extracted from the trunk and used as a substitute for gum arabic.
The Anacardiaceae are a family of dicotyledonous angiosperms in the order Sapindales. The genus after which the family is named is Anacardium, which includes eight species of tropical trees native to South America, the best known of which is the cashew tree (Anacardium occidentale L.). It is an evergreen plant that can reach a height of 10-12 metres and develop a crown of about 25 metres in diameter. The cashew tree produces two types of fruit: a fresh fruit, the cashew apple (called the 'cashew apple' in Brazil), and a dry fruit, the cashew almond or cashew nut (called the 'cashew nut' in Brazil).
It is the dry fruit that is exported from the producing countries and consumed after being roasted or fried. Each plant can produce up to 48 kilograms of cashew nuts per year. As the cashew apple develops, it can take on a yellow to red colour and a vaguely heart-shaped appearance, hence the name of this plant. The cashew nut, the real fruit, is a kidney-shaped nut (about 3 centimetres long and 2.5 centimetres wide) which grows in the lower outer part of the false fruit and has a hard pericarp containing the edible seed, consisting of two white cotyledons and a small embryo.
According to our analyses, 100 g natural organic cashew pieces contain:
- 39 µg of Selenium, which correspond to 71% of NRV;
- 546 mg of Phosphorus, which correspond to 78% of NRV;
- 1.8 mg of Manganese, which correspond to 90% of NRV (Nutrient Reference Value).
Our natural organic cashew pieces are designed for true nut lover.
Practical and ready to use, they are ideal for your own tasty recipes, for creating nut-based plant foods such as vegetarian and fermented cheeses.
You can also eat them by dipping them in yoghurt, use them to enrich your salads or as an ingredient in your homemade nut granola.
Affordable price means to us offering natural organic cashew pieces which everybody can enjoy. We want, on the one hand, to place the proper value on raw materials in order to obtain a quality product by paying our farmers a fair price; on the other hand, we want to fulfil your needs when it comes to pricing.
We establish fair long-term relationships with our producers to avoid race-to-the-bottom pricing and that are based on trust as part of our efforts to offer you the finest and most natural product.
Not only that: by choosing large packs of organic cashew pieces, you are also contributing to the reduction in the use of plastic.
You can store natural organic cashew pieces in dry, cool places, away from sources of heat and moisture. Here are 4 useful tips:
- The ideal condition for keeping natural organic cashew pieces is in a refrigerated environment. Nuturally organic cashew pieces can also be stored easily at room temperature during the winter season due to low temperatures. During summer, however, it is advisable to store the product in the refrigerator or in the coolest possible environment as increased temperatures could encourage decay.
- The ideal container for the storage of organic cashew pieces is glass. Indeed, because of its composition it is impervious to chemical agents and gases, and, as it has excellent insulation properties, it holds the initial temperature for longer than other materials. It is even better if the glass is coloured: using coloured glass blocks the entry of certain wavelengths of light (including ultraviolet), and thus certain nutritional and organoleptic characteristics remain unaltered.
- The type of closure of the container is also important as an airtight cap ensures that the food is protected from excessive contact with oxygen that can lead to lipid oxidation and encourage the growth of aerobic bacteria.
- The best kind of storage environment is one which is well ventilated because ventilating the premises keeps internal humidity under control, which otherwise could escape from windows, thereby guaranteeing the right balance to lessen the onset of mould.